WHAT is the NYC-Paris Business Exchange?
The NYC-Paris Business Exchange is a competition organized by the Cities of New York and Paris to reinforce their economic relations. It is launched by the New York City Economic Development Corporation and Paris&Co.
The exchange aims to help New York City-based companies expand to Paris, and vice versa, by offering 6 months of free co-working space, events, and business development support for up to 10 companies from each city.
WHY a NYC-Paris Business Exchange?
As global leaders across a variety of sectors, New York City and Paris are home to many innovative companies that are ready to expand into other international markets. That expansion would support the local economies of the home and host markets, creating jobs and other opportunities and diversifying the economy of each city.
WHO are we looking for?
We are looking for companies in NYC and Paris that:
- Are looking to expand abroad
- Have a product/service that has proven its value in its home market
- Have a product/service that is suitable for the host market
- Have a robust business plan and vision for the company over the next 12 months
- Have a well-defined expansion plan with clear milestones and goals
- Complement the host city's economic development objectives (e.g. synergies with a local growth sector, planned expansion into transitioning neighborhood(s), employing underserved populations, etc.)
WHAT is in it for the companies?
WINNING COMPANIES WILL RECEIVE:
- One free desk for 6 months in a co-working space
- Meetings with investors, potential clients, and business leaders
- Mentorship opportunities
- Exposure to the host city’s assets and business environment
- Pitch and business development training
- Overview of potential financial and tax incentives available (subject to size and sector of business)
- Overview of applicable immigration and regulatory requirements
- Return airfare courtesy of Air France, the program's Official Airline